Quotes by Abraham Lincoln | Cute Quotes

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Quotes by Abraham Lincoln

About Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809.His parents were Thomas Lincoln and Nancy Hanks.He was from a poor family and was mostly self educated.He became a country lawyer.He was a father of four children.
Abraham Lincoln was one of the great personalities ever!He was the sixteenth president of the united states and the first one to become the president from the Republican party.Abraham Lincoln was elected as the president on November 6 1860, inaugurated as the president on March 4,1861 and served until he was assassinated in Ford's Theater (on April 14, 1865) and passed away on April 15, 1865.




My favourite quotes by Abraham Lincoln


"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?" 
Abraham Lincoln



"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe" 
Abraham Lincoln 



"I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" 
Abraham Lincoln 



"I don't like that man. I must get to know him better"
Abraham Lincoln 



"I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" 
Abraham Lincoln